Gregory Lake is located about one kilometer away from Nuwara Eliya town and built during the year 1874 by the governor Gregory. By stopping the “Thalagala” stream which starts from the “Piduruthalagala” mountain. It is believed that the main intention of building this Lake is to generate Electricity to the town. The water was taken away up to a place called “black pool” using a tunnel and has generated Electricity there.
Home Cities & Regions Nuwara Eliya Gregory Lake